Friday, October 2, 2009

ORANGE- AUTUMNS "IT" COLOR


Jeffrey Bilhuber, from Defining Luxury

Open any shelter magazine this month and the color orange is bound to pop off the pages--from Tuscany toned terracotta to a Fanta bubbly pop, orange is undoubtly the hot color this fall.  While I love orange as an accent to a beautiful blue or brown room, I must admit that I have never given it first class status in any room I've designed. I think my bias for the color started in the 80's when my mother surprised my sister with an orange bedroom with purple accents. Wow...it was really loud. It's no wonder she became an insomniac.

But after seeing some of the fabulous rooms, I am slowly coming around. Perhaps an ambrosial Morroco inspired orange dining room is in my future? For now, baby steps.  I think I'll start with a pair of upholstered Persimmon Linen club chairs for the library-sounds pretty spicy to me.
    
 
 Miles Redd, House Beautiful

 
Miles Redd, House Beautiful

 
Metropolitan Home, Min/Day Architects

 
Muriel Brandolini, Elle Decor



 Ronald Bricke, Metropolitan Home



Healing Barsanti


No comments: