Friday, December 11, 2009

TURKISH DELIGHT

 
New York Times Photo

Going through my files recently, I came upon this stunning photo of an apartment in Paris that I have coveted for some time. The room's tented ceiling and jewel toned color palette is suggestive of  the beautifully appointed apartments I had the pleasure of visiting in Istanbul two years ago.  The striking living room pictured belongs to Lisa Fine, a clothing and furniture designer who divides her time between Paris and New York. Fine's chic apartment in the tony 7th arrondissment in Paris is an eclectic blend of Indian and Turkish decor-its a fresh, modern interpretation on centuries old design.  I've included some personal photos taken at the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia- the architectural elements and rich saturated colors are classic inspiration!



 
 
 
 
Photos by Hampton Hostess

No comments: