Thursday, January 28, 2010

THIS ONE IS JUST RIGHT


 Benjamin chair from Oly Studio

I felt like Goldilocks minus the three bears. Too tall, too short, too narrow too hard--looking for the perfect leather armchair was not easy. I wanted comfort and style; a leather chair that said chic living room not manly library, and after a morning spent test driving dozens of chairs,  I hadn't been able to find one.  Not easily deterred, I made way to the Oly Studio in Tribec, a bastion of eclectic and exotic furnishings upholstered in soft fabrics and soothing neutral tones. There amongst oyster encrusted sconses and ponyskin benches, I found a collection beautifully appointed chairs in soft, muted hues of buttery leather.  With their delicate frames and slim silhouettes, I wasn't sure they would be long on comfort, but I was pleasantly surprised. The frames were perfectly proportioned and the leather had a soft, gentle touch-I had finally found my chairs and they were just right!

Duncan Chair



Tobias and Gio 


Pierre chair and ottoman

Emma chair


Gabriel chair

No comments: