Sunday, March 14, 2010

LIBERTY OF LONDON-RIGHT ON TARGET


I missed all the hullabaloo at Bryant Park earlier this week when Target launched a pop-up store featuring the new Liberty of London Collection.  Apparently 11,000 pieces were sold in two days with lines stretching for blocks. I was really looking forward to shopping the new Liberty line, but I wasn't prepared for a wrestling match, so I patiently waited for the official opening this morning, anticipating the worst but hoping for the best. Maybe the crowds would all still be asleep, confused by the time change, I mused.  I headed over to my local Target store and was pleasantly surprised-polite crowds and organized chaos reigned.  Workers were continually unpacking new items and I was able to find some wonderful things.  I'm especially fond of the melamine plate collection-sunny white daisies with a chic black background with matching bowls, lined in bright yellow.  Perfect for breakfast and wonderfully priced, I bought a set of salad plates, cereal bowls and two sets of lucite glasses in bright white floral patterns.  They look springtime fresh! The candle line is not to be missed- classic Liberty prints and punchy grosgrain ribbon make the package elegant enough for gift giving and the under $10.00 price cannot be beat.  My favorite scents were the sophisticated Spiced Black Tea and soothing Ocean Minerals.

If you weren't able to get over there today, don't fret, I'm told that the stores will be stocking up with fresh merchandise every night. Happy shopping.

Pretty daisy print salad plate in melamine.
The candle line is really special-beautiful packaging and delicious scents!
The frames come in a variety of shapes and sizes. I love the classic black and white print with fuschia accents.
I bought the elegant lamp and sophisticated black and white Liberty shade for my daughter's room.  It compliments the cheery Marimekko canvas on the wall.

No comments: