Wednesday, April 28, 2010

BRUNELLO CUCINELLI-CASHMERE AND CHAMPAGNE


I was invited to a luncheon yesterday celebrating the opening of the new Madison Avenue outpost of Brunello Cucinelli, the Italian fashion house known for their luxurious cashmere.  The large crowd was treated to a fabulous lunch of classic risotto Milanese, butler served in small porcelain bowls along with flutes of champagne- heaven!

My appetite deliciously sated, I returned my focus to the stunning array of clothes. Cucinelli masterfully pairs the finest silks, cashmere and suedes in a variety of relaxed contemporary silhouettes for the spring ready to wear line. Wispy thin tee shirts, pullover sweaters and scarves were presented in soft, neutral shades; the classic cashmere and linen wardrobe staples are made to last a lifetime. Fresh for the season-the return of the jumpsuit, shown soft and slouchy in opulent washed silk and summer weight cashmere.

I found myself falling for a cloudy indigo blue linen scarf and couldn't resist taking home a little piece of La Dolce Vita, Cucinelli style!





6 comments:

Pemberley said...

So very Italian. Love it!

cotedetexas said...

I wish I could wear trench coats and not look like the goodyear blimp. :(

thanks for your sweet comment today!
Joni

red ticking said...

love all of this... from the risotto to the clothing..xx

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Lucky girl! Can we see the scarf?

Blayne Macauley said...

How beautiful! I love the neutrals!

yanmaneee said...

zx flux
jordan 11
michael kors purses
supreme clothing
supreme clothing
nike lebron 16
lebron 15 shoes
curry 6
michael kors
timberland boots