Wednesday, August 25, 2010

NYIGF: AU COURANT, AU NATURALE

Nature inspired accessories are always in vogue...aren't these Chippendale influenced pendant lights beautiful?
Some of my favorite pieces from the Gift Fair brilliantly combine natural elements with a modern aesthetic.
Hundreds of tiny shells from the Phillipines make up this spectacular chandelier from Made Goods.
Rough burlap and printed old feedbags bring a bit of country chic to living room decor.
Loopy rattan and a single incandescent bulb blend modern form with simple, natural materials.
Spectacular shell mirror from Made Goods-quite the show piece!
Beautifully hand crafted pottery in naturalist illustration prints from Laura Zindel integrates the Arts and Crafts movement with industrial design. 

5 comments:

Hamptontoes said...

I've had my eye on the Made Goods mirror since the last show! Isn't it a stunner in person...perfect for a "beachy" area!

Style Attic said...

I love it all, but could do without the bugs in the last photo! Everything looks so great, I'm afraid I would think they are real every time I looked at them! Naturally beautiful :)

pretty pink tulips said...

Barbara, you have an amazing eye (no surprise there!). I love burlap, rattan, all things with texture. And, I love it mixed in with more formal elements. It's all in the mix!

xo Elizabeth

Coté Provence said...

Love the pair in the first photo. Beautiful!

xo

shari @ little blue deer said...

Love the feedbags and the prints in the first photo! What fun! XX!