Friday, September 24, 2010

TRINKET BOXES

Collectible, sentimental, unusual-what's your personality?

Eclectic
 In The Proposal, pushy book editor Margaret Tate (Sandra Bullock), suddenly sentimental, keeps this chic brass fish box on her bedside table (next to the family fertility blanket!) 


BoHo

 This antique treasure box could only belong to Kiera Knightly as the lovely Elizabeth Swann in Pirates of the Caribbean.  Captain Jack Swann (Johnny Depp) would make sure it was filled it with some lovely bling.

Couture

Uber stylish Miranda Priestly (Meryl Streep) is a controlling, terrifying magazine editor in The Devil Wears Prada. The chic RAD crystal box would be strategically placed on an her custom Paul Frankl side table. Do Not Touch!



Adventurer
"I want to go someplace where I can marvel at something," and so does Julia Roberts as Liz Gilbert in Eat Pray Love. Perhaps she picked up this olive wood box in Bali with her hunky beau.

Classic
 This chic silver Christofle trinket would have been given to Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) in Breakfast At Tiffany's by one of her many suitors, probably found buried under a pile of stilettos and black cocktail dresses.

Happy hunting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow-very cool!!! what type of trinket boxes do you collect?

Splendid Sass said...

I LOVE these little boxes. I have a few around in my home. Not only are they beautiful, they are nice to have around to store tiny things in.
Have a nice weekend.
Teresa

Unknown said...

That first image is my kind of collection....would look perfect in my bedroom!

Happy Friday!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I have a butterfly shaped beauty from Anthro on my bureau!