Monday, September 26, 2011

A TOUCH OF GUINNESS


I felt the need to take my casual Sunday look up a notch for my visit to the Fashion Institute's new exhibit on Daphne Guinness.  Jeans just don't cut it when you know you will be entering a sartorial paradise filled with creations by the likes of Alexander McQueen, Chanel and Nina Ricci. Guinness, known for her froth of platinum hair and fearless sense of style, is a fashion trailblazer;  a collector of serious couture as well as inspiration for some of the world's greatest designer's. 
 Nina Ricci
Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel
The exhibit gives a fascinating view into the fashion icon's eclectic closet. From the 10 inch Nina Ricci red suede shoes to the Chanel silver lame jacket by Karl Lagerfield, Guiness's has accumulated a collection of serious eye candy and the making's of a perfect Sunday afternoon.  
Alexander McQueen
 Gareth Pugh
 Alexander McQueen

 Alexander Mc Queen

Shirt and jacket by DaphneGuinness; pants from London punk shop
The exhibit runs from Sept.16-Jan.07, 2012. See it if you can!

3 comments:

Splendid Sass said...

SO lovely, Barbara!
Have a wonderful week.
Teresa
xoxo

I Dream Of said...

Oh, I hope I can get there! I couldn't agree, you have to take it up a notch for Daphne. Casual just won't do...

Kenneth F. Fishman said...

This is the lovely barara! I hope i can get there .you have to take it up online amazing fashion product For getting online.