Wednesday, April 4, 2012

CLOSET CONFIDENTIAL GUEST POST: PRETTY PINK TULIPS

I'm thrilled that Elizabeth from Pretty Pink Tulips agreed to participate in our Closet Confidential series today.  Elizabeth is one of my first blog friends, having met visiting the set of The Nate Berkus show with a group of fellow bloggers over two years ago. We instantly hit it off over lunch and some retail therapy at Bergdorf's. Smart, stylish and great fun, Elizabeth always has something fascinating and chic to share with her reader's. Let's see what's behind Elizabeth's closet doors...


What are the 5 essential clothing items in your closet?
1 perfect white blouse, black skirt, classic high heel pumps, strappy high heeled sandals, 1 fabulous handbag
The one thing in my closet that I should get rid of but just can part with: black Balenciaga pants - they used to fit perfectly and I believe some day they will again!
Describe your perfect outfit: 
A halter style dress that hits above the knee and in a fun, bright color (hot pink perhaps!)
There’s always room in my closet for- 
shoes and handbags
My dream closet would include: a chandelier 
I never have enough-
Blouses, usually because I'd rather buy shoes or handbags (they always fit, if you know what I mean)
Designer closet envy would be- Aerin Lauder's closet 

Neat or messy?
Well, sometimes it's neat. And, then it gets messy. Then, the cycle repeats itself.
My latest addition to my closet is-
A fabulous Vanessa Beard tuxedo pant suit. It can be worn together or apart - love how I can rationalize things. My husband also thought it looked pretty great, which is always a bonus.
The last thing I got rid of was-
A stack of t-shirts that just looked too worn

Extra shelves or extra hangers?
Definitely, extra shelves (remember shoes and handbags?!)
You would be surprised I have/don’t have-
Only 1 pair of jeans...and I haven't worn them in ages
I have an extensive collection of-
Shoes and handbags (are you seeing a theme here?)
Your organizational motto is-
If you can't see it, you won't wear it
What do you like about your closet?
That I get to redo it in our next renovation phase
What would you change?
More shelves, drawers for jewelry, a great light fixture and kick the walls out a bit.
Best closet tip for organization-
I swear by Closette's acrylic shelf dividers. They make sweaters stack better and separate handbags.
Right now your closet is in a state of-
Slight disarray with the recent weather change.

Elizabeth, thanks so much for participating in Closet Confidential today--I just love your style!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning, Barbara!

Thanks so much for having me fling open my closet doors today! And, it might just be time for a BG lunch revisit. A little retail therapy never hurt anyone!

xoxo Elizabeth

Party Resources said...

Love Elizabeth and this peak in to her chic style! xx

La Dolfina said...

Love Elizabeth and love the fact she only owns one pair if jeans! She is such the lady!!!
Love all the images shown in this post too!!!
I know when she gets around to designing her dream closet that it will be fabulous just like her!!!
Great series!!!

Splendid Sass said...

Great post Elizabeth and Barbara. Two of my favorite bloggers in one place!
Teresa
xoxo

Ivy Clad said...

Fun post! I'm with Elizabeth on more shelves instead of more hangers. Handbags and shoes are where it's at!

Keri

The French Tangerine said...

Elizabeth is so refined and elegant. I can't imagine her closet being messy... EVER! Only one pair of jeans? Now that sounds like the Elizabeth I'm thinking of!
XO
Jan

Jalon Burton said...

Barbara - this is great! I love Elizabeth and her blog (one of my regular stops along with your blog!) And, of course, a great way to get to know a little bit more about her. Thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy the rest of the day. Jalon

The French Hutch said...

Barbara, so nice to meet Elizabeth. I share some of her closet dreams. I sure do agree with the while blouse answer, can't have enough.
Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

~Emily
The French Hutch

pve design said...

Barbara,
Elizabeth is such a delight and I can only imagine her closet to be a dream.
pve

Karena said...

Barbara, I adore Elizabeth, she is a true lady and I always picture her at her best! Not at all surprised that she is not a jeans girl!

Is that 1st closet her? I f so I am quite envious...in a good way!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Stacy CUrran said...

Thanks for this great post! Lovely images and great answers!
Stacy

The enchanted home said...

Hi Barbara...just visiting a few friends for a little diversion after a rough few days, thanks for your kindness and support. This was a fun post and I am so happy I am not the not the only one who "doesn't do" jeans any more!

Anonymous said...

MMM LOVELY CLOSETS:) I really like your blog and will happily follow.
If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
Have a great weekend.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)