Monday, August 17, 2009

THE PRINTERY-STYLISH STATIONARY




I'll admit it-- I'm the first to shoot off a quick email or phone call thank you to a friend for lunch or dinner, but there are certain circumstances when a handwritten letter is most appropriate. I have my boxes of personal stationary stacked in their blue boxes next to my desk and when the occassion calls, I take great pleasure in writing a thoughtful note with my beautiful stationary.

A few years ago, after the birth of my daughter, I went to The Printery in Oyster Bay to order something pretty and unique for her birth announcement. The choices were endless--a rainbow of colors and dozens of fonts left me slightly dazed. To monogram or not to monogram became the big question. I spent hours cooing over mountains of cards and at the end of the day picked the most exquisite birth announcements and personal stationary for my husband and myself. A beautiful and dainty monogram in soft pink and green for my daughter's birth announcement seemed to be the perfect choice. For myself, a crisp white card bordered in orange with a modern monogram made the cut. The envelopes are hand lined in matching orange tissue paper--they are almost too pretty to use! A nautical sea blue card with a bright yellow border fit the bill for our family personal stationary at the beach.

Its certainly worth the trip to visit The Printery in Oyster Bay but if you can't, their elegant website (iprintery) offers prepackaged invitations and notecards with summer chic seahorses, crabs and coral motifs as well as gift enclosures and beautiful Holiday cards.

No comments: