Friday, November 20, 2009

CARDS FROM CAVALLINI & COMPANY



While it's true that my free range, organic Thanksgiving turkey hasn't yet arrived from the fancy turkey farm in Virginia, invitations for holiday parties have started to appear. I love the holiday season, especially in New York, when store windows come to life and the city appears to be covered in a blanket of soft white lights. It truly is magical!  But the appearance of those invites sets off an internal alarm for me because I haven't purchased my holiday cards yet.

Every year I promise myself that I will choose my cards in September, have them addressed and stamped by October and have them waiting to mail the Friday after Thanksgiving.  This perfect scenario has yet to happen--more often than not I can be found addressing envelopes the night before I catch a plane to Palm Beach, and yes there have been years when I've written them on the plane.  The problem is that there are so many wonderful choices.  For years we've used photo cards which requires a slew of pictures to be taken and then finding just the right one out of the bunch. I don't think that I can top last year's card, a moss green linen card with a photo of my family and a full view of the Eiffel Tower in the background. It was beautiful.

I started my search for the perfect card this week at Kate's Paperie and found this charming vintage postcard of the Eiffel Tower which reminds me of our trip to Paris. The line of cards by Cavallini & Company have an old-fashioned feeling that may be the perfect choice this year- I'm feeling very nostalgic!




 

No comments: