Friday, April 2, 2010

VIEW FROM THE RESERVOIR


I dusted off my tennies this morning.  They had been on vacation for quite some time.  Rain, snow, blizzards and the occasional hurricane had punctuated our winter weather and I had taken the opportunity to do nothing.  Well, not nothing, but certainly not any outside exercise to speak of.  Today is sunny, warm, and the air is fresh;  filled with the delicious scent of flowering trees.  Vacation over.  My sneakers and I made our way to the reservoir in Central Park, a scenic 1.6 mile circle that takes you from the East Side to the West Side and back again.  It was absolutely beautiful. Canopies of  blooming cherry blossom trees line the well worn bridle path, with bright yellow daffodils poking their heads through the city flower beds.  Clearly, I was not the only one with exercise on my mind.  Hundreds of runners, cyclists and dog walkers whizzed by me as I slowly my way around the reservoir, savoring the sights and sounds of our first spectacular spring day. I picked up the pace on my second go around-I had meant to do the loop only once, but my tennies had another plan.  I'm so happy its Spring--I think my sneakers are happy too.

Wishing you all a lovely spring weekend-

 Bridle path

Boat house

Entrance to the reservoir


Guggenheim Museum peeking through the trees

Fanciful  footbridge

Metropolitan Museum








4 comments:

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Love your park shots! And good for you on the second circuit - I'm still "on vacation"! Have a great weekend!
Best,
Stephanie

ashlina {the decorista} said...

oooh gorgeous photos.

happy easter weekend love! :)

annechovie said...

Looking so gorgeous there - thanks for sharing with us and have a wonderful weekend! xx

Unknown said...

Miss my lovely city....sigh, thanks for sharing this, and inspiring me as well!