Monday, January 17, 2011

SIGN OF THE TIMES

 Good Design is Forever. Let's hope the motto for Brunschwig & Fils, the venerable century-old fabrics and wall covering firm holds true. Sadly, the company filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy late last week. Rumors have home furnishings behemoth Kravet poised to rescue the beleaguered company, offering 6.5 M for the firm.  

I have always had a sweet spot for Brunschwig's fantastic prints. I used Bengali Toile, a gorgeous bird patterned print in red in my dining room when I was a newlywed. It's timeless pattern is as relevant today as it was nearly two decades ago.

Le Touche, the ultimate cheetah pattern is classic and so chic!

 I'm in the process of using the print on a bench for an entry hallway-so handsome!

 I have my sights on Zig Zag, the perfect print for a beach house living room.
Boho glamour-Dzhambul Suzani is a cool crewel


Enjoy your Monday!

12 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

It is indeed a tough economy to survive in, particularly in design. Love their products...
Janell

Unknown said...

I think I could live with all of those fabrics forever!!! And, love the princess and the pea photo!!!

xo Elizabeth

quintessence said...

You've picked many of my favorites. They are a venerable house certainly worth saving!!

The enchanted home said...

I too was very sad to hear about this, Brunschwig was my first big fabric splurge when we got married and I bought my first "good chairs" and wanted to have them upholstered.. I still have them and love them. I really hope they will stay alive and well and stay true to the integrity on which they have built their beautiful line of textiles. Love the beach house choice..very chic!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

They do have beautiful fabrics. I really hope that they work out their financial difficulties and stay in business.

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Sad news indeed. The strange part is the post I read right before this one mentioned that today was supposed to be the saddest day of the year - strange.

Aspiring Kennedy said...

that red zig zag rug is giving me goosebumps. love it! :)

Splendid Sass said...

Love La Touch!
Thank you for sharing. It has saddened me that such a grand company is going out of business.
Teresa
xoxo

designchic said...

This makes me sad. My newest obsession is the le touche pattern...fresh and classic!

Punctuation Mark said...

great colors and patterns!!! have a nice week!

The Buzz Blog said...

Say it isn't so! I'm sure Kravet will come to the rescue - it would be so sad to see such a wonderful company close. I have Brunschwig in several rooms of my house.

North of 25A said...

Keep a good thought!
Best,
Colleen