Monday, February 13, 2012

FLORAL FANTASY


A weekend spent in the city always includes lunch downtown and some serious window shopping.  On Sunday afternoon we grabbed lunch at The Dutch which serves some of the best fresh oysters in the city and makes an amazing Bloody Mary-the perfect meal after a lazy morning reading The Times. Our afternoon walk took us uptown to the stunning windows of Ovando's. Brilliantly dressed for Valentine's Day, the storefront windows feature the work of artist Manuel Pardo paired with floral designer Sandra de Ovando's stunning floral arrangements in living room inspired vignettes. I'm such a fan of Ovando's fresh, contemporary arrangement's-her original designs are Valentine's Day perfection!  















14 comments:

quintessence said...

Still haven't been to The Dutch!! And those arrangements are breathtaking - just gorgeous!!

Jalon Burton said...

Wow - I concurr... those arrangements are breathtaking! WOW... did I already say that? WOW.
Thank you for sharing... what a beautiful way to start a week. Have a marvelous Monday.

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Oh how I adore a good bouquet! I spend way too much money on fresh flowers, but the way it makes my house smell and me feel makes it totally worth it. :)

Splendid Sass said...

Now this is one talented floral designer. Would love to try creating something along the lines of this designer.
Thank you for sharing, Barbara. Alway love seeing the places you visit.
Teresa
xoxo

CDS said...

Goodness those arrangements are dramatic! WOW! :)

Acquired Objects said...

Those arrangements are stunning! People are so incredibly talented.

XX
Debra~

Party Resources said...

Dear Cupid,
I would like one of each. Thanks ever so much!
xx,
Kate

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. The Dutch sounds amazing. Have a wonderful Valentines Day! xo

designchic said...

These are serious works of art...so gorgeous!! Even the stems are beautiful...

Leslie said...

I can't think of a better way to spend the afternoon ;) oysters and a Bloody Mary - perfect! The floral displays are gorgeous! So fun to see all the red on this Valentine's Day!

leslie

christy said...

That is amazing. I assume youlive in NYC? My husband loves oysters so I will need to remember The Dutch when we go for his cousins wedding in Sept. What beautiful flowers, they are so dramatic. Happy V day.

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I putting The Dutch on my NY list for when we move back...I've never been. These floral arrangements are stunning...I can imagine the reaction when someone receives one as a surprise.

Unknown said...

Love these!! I had my garden club meeting today and learned some of those tricks - the folded over leaves, etc... So I brought home my own Valentine arrangement!!

Hope yours was sweet!
xo Elizabeth

The French Tangerine said...

So absolutely stunning! I'm just in love with these arrangements.. Especially the red orchids with the beautifully arranged stems! So gorgeous- thanks for sharing!!