Thursday, April 11, 2013

BEHIND THE PRIVET-SOUTHAMPTON HISTORICAL MUSEUM HOUSE TOUR


House tours are my secret passion. I can't resist the opportunity to walk through someones gorgeous, beautifully decorated home and be inspired by its classical architecture and design. If you're like me, you won't want to miss The Southampton Historical Museum's 4th Annual Tour of Southampton Homes: An Insider's View, on May 11th. The house tour takes you behind Southampton's lush privet hedges and inside six classic village estates, from a picturesque Queen Anne home, circa 1894 to "Bon Acre" a quintessential Southampton estate featuring beautiful design elements like a double-gabled porte-cochere, round turreted tower and dramatic widows walk. Finish your day of touring and exploring in style with a glass of bubbly at the Champagne Reception and Art Show at the Rogers Mansion.
 Bon Acre-a classic shingle style Southampton estate
 Swan Pond's interiors feature an eclectic mix of fine European antiques, vibrant fabrics and lush greenery. 
 Built in 1894 this charming wood framed home features original woodwork, doors and hardware representing fine American Queen Anne style.
 Built in 1899, whaling captain William Bennett made this stylish abode his home. The interiors feature period details with a nautical nod that beautifully incorporates bold mid-century pieces.
A decorative front porch and balcony railing infuse country charm in this 1858 farmhouse. 

Visit southamptonhistoricalmuseum.org for more information or to purchase tickets 

6 comments:

The enchanted home said...

I am with you...I live for house tours and try to go on every possible one that I can I always walk away with lots of great ideas and new found inspiration..this one looks like a winner!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I love going on house tours...one of my favorite things to do!

Francine Gardner said...

I love house and garden tours...never been to a Hamptons' one though. Unfortunately when in the Hamptons' it is to work on my client's homes . The farm house looks lovely.

Cynthia said...

I just ador house and garden tours. We live ine NJ but we have never been to the Hamptons.

Cynthia

Karen said...

Barbara,
I love home tours too! The Corona del Mar annual home tour often produces some fabulous homes. I haven't been in awhile but this post has inspired me to watch for the tickets to go on sale.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Karen

Unknown said...

Totally agree....a house tour is one of my all time favorite things to do. The ones in Charlotte were especially fabulous. I miss those. They did gardens, too.

I have to laugh that my house was on the house tour in my town a few years back. It looks so much better now! Oh well...I guess that's the goal. Evolve and improve, right?

Hope all is well with you!
xoxo Elizabeth