Friday, December 17, 2010

HERMES NATURE INSPIRED HOLIDAY WINDOW


A calm oasis in a storm of red bows and white lights, the Hermes Holiday window is a dreamy, woodsy wonderland. The nature-inspired vignettes are based on a new line of sepia-colored porcelain called "Les Maisons Enchantes" by Francois Houtin. The china depicts fanciful huts made from twisted vines and twigs-gorgeous and the perfect accoutrement for a country home.

The rustic woodland scenes were brought to life by New York furniture and landscape designer Charlie Baker. His masterful use of twigs and felled trees created a whimsical and sophisticated holiday tale. Like the firm's iconic brown ribbon, the windows are understated, stunning, chic-so Hermes!

 The gorgeous new "Les Maisons Enchantes" china

top photos courtesy The New York Times

8 comments:

Karena said...

Lisa this is so delightful!

I have a New Giveaway from My Sparrow, you will love, come and enter!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Very cool, would love to see this in person.

Splendid Sass said...

Barbara,
Thank you for sharing these beautiful windows.
Have a nice, festive weekend.
Teresa

Unknown said...

Everything they touch is chic and perfect! I haven't seen their holiday windows....we're coming in to see the Lion King next week but I might be hard pressed to drag my in-laws up Madison!

Thanks for the fix!
xoxo elizabeth

Casa Très Chic said...

I've seen New York Christmas before, it's fabulous.
This year's windows are like a fairy tale.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs.
Tereza

Splendid Market said...

These are gorgeous. I love them. I'm so sad I missed them on my Thanksgiving visit! Thank you for sharing the information. That china is stunning!

Summer is a Verb said...

Sugar and spice and everything nice...XXOO

Anonymous said...

These windows are just magical! I love such elegant things created right from nature. See you at NYIGF? Happy New Year! xosk