Tuesday, December 21, 2010

CHANGE OF SCENERY

The month of December has become a festive blur punctuated by school sing-a-longs, last minute home installations and holiday cocktail parties. With all the rukus, I'm sorry to say that my posting has suffered. (Add to New Year resolution list!)  It all finally caught up with me Sunday night as I hastily packed for a week in the Carribean. A holiday of sun, sand, and glistening beaches seemed so far away a week ago but there I was Sunday night looking for my Roberta Freyman coveups and wrapping last-minute Christmas presents.  I pulled an all-nighter getting my Holiday cards posted and bags packed-ready to kick things up a bit. We arrived at Casa de Campo in the Dominican Republic last night, bleary eyed and tired from our travels. A delicious pitcher of frosty rum and fresh orange juice cocktails and tray of plaintain chips were waiting for us-yes, a change of scenery can do wonders!
Are you ready for the holidays?

15 comments:

Unknown said...

So jealous! I highly recommend that you visit the altos de chevanne while you are there..as I recall it was really lovely!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Have fun! Have a wonderful holiday.
Teresa

jeanette from everton terrace said...

At least you have a place like that to unwind, wow. Wishing you a wonderful and relaxing time.

Unknown said...

I'll get a change of scenery later this week - snowfall allowing. Before then, it's off to the Lion King and Grammercy Tavern, family in tow.

Have a rum drink for me!!!
xoxo Elizabeth

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Wish you and your family a sunny, splendid holiday. I think we all need a rum drink!

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

Oh...you are so lucky!! Such a beautiful place to be! I hope you get a lot of rest and relaxation...December is a hectic month! Take care, Caroline

Love Sugar Design said...

That looks so lovely and picturesque! Have a wonderful holiday!

Makes me glad to be in Miami. :)

Town and Country House said...

Enjoy your holiday in the Dominican!

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Fabulous! Have a great time and a wonderful holiday.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Ah....gorgeous. We are on a different type of vacation..getting ready to put the ski clothes on! Enjoy.
Mary Ann

audrey marie said...

ah what a nice way to finish the holidays! enjoy!!

red ticking said...

oh how fun.... i have always wanted to visit... i will live thru you for the next several days and would love a full report when you return!
have missed you... hope you had a wonderful christmas.... and wishing you and your family and joyous new year sweet friend... xx

Stitchfork said...

Hope you enjoyed that wonderful change of scenery! Happy New Year! xo Cathy

North of 25A said...

Since I am reading this post from 12/22 on 1/3 of 2011 I think you know how things have been going for me! I was still wrapping some last minute gifts yesterday. I hope you have had a wonderful time - looks dreamy.
All my best to you for 2011,
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Nobody rinse the actual surface while on an exfoliation product or service, skin
pore stripes along with solutions and products with which
to solve an acne breakout. All the cottage belongs to Masson
fantastic Parisian better to who Marie befriends. To be
honest, that is not the number one plan of action. Envision sampling the most efficient candy bar you received and later on spotting it truly
is gluten-free. It can also be frequent used when you're a dessert through conventional Korean consuming places.

Here is my site :: k cups coffee green mountain