Monday, January 3, 2011

SAND IN MY TOES


I'm back from vacation remembering the feeling of sand in my toes.  Lovely warm sand that stretched for miles and met the cool Caribbean water.  Sand in my toes and now sand in my head.  Sluggish, stubborn, my head feels like its full of sand, fighting the realities of returning from a vacation-wishing for another day in the sand.  As I told my daughter, you have to go home from your vacation to remember how lovely it was and to have something wonderful to look forward too! 

Our flight home was canceled because of the snow storm and secretly I was thrilled. A few more days away from home-no Blackberry, no computer, lots of rum. We finally arrived back in the city on New Years Eve at 11:40 pm,  just enough time to throw our bags in the hallway and tune in to Dick Clark.  With nothing in the fridge for a proper toast we opened a Christmas box of cookies and went to town. It was spontaneous and fun and I hope our impromptu party reflects a lighthearted tone for the New Year. 


Those extra days in the sand have left some things delayed- work, resolutions and wishing you, my dear readers, a Happy and Healthy New Year!

10 comments:

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Happy New Year Barbara! Glad you had a fun and safe trip! Look forward to reading more from you in 2011!

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

What a wonderful vacation! Welcome back and happy New Year! Take care, Caroline

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Sounds pretty fabulous to me! Welcome home and Happy New Year! I hope 2011 brings you health, happiness and everything wonderful!

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

Happy New Year! I wish we had spent our time in the sands as well :) I totally had that coconut drink for the 1st time in Brazil on Christmas day....about a decade ago! Never gets old :) Have a great week XO

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Isn't it wonderful when the universe decides you need a little bit more vacation! I think your New Year's Eve sounds just about perfect. Welcome Home and Happy New Year.

I Dream Of said...

Happy New Year. Glad you had a beautiful vacation and a fun beginning to the new year with your family. Look forward to reading more from you this year.

Suburban Princess said...

OOooh lucky you! Most people get delayed on their way out of town...not coming home! It's a good omen for 2011!

Anonymous said...

That first picture would make a great toemail image! Have a great 2011 and please do check us out!
http://toemail.wordpress.com

Town and Country House said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing your plans for the New Year!

Unknown said...

How fun to have those extra sun drenched days! Welcome home and into the new year!!

xo Elizabeth