Monday, September 1, 2014

SOUTHAMPTON SUMMER MIRAGE


My friend Chesie has a flair for entertaining and in the summer months her creative acumen is on fire. An invitation to lunch poolside in Southampton could include a scene from Tuscany complete with rustic Italian platters filled antipasto and fresh Montauk grilled fish or you may find yourself transported to the South of France, bottles of crisp Rose chilling next to a summer bouillabaisse and Hotel Costes music wafting in the background. It's always beautiful and completely transportive.

 Earlier this summer she called me giddy with news, "I have something new for the summer, its a tent from India and its fabulous!" A Saturday lunch was quickly arranged. Chesie greeted us at the gate looking fetching in a flowing pink caftan, arms filled with thin gold bangles from India. As we made our way down the winding garden steps, a majestic, Maharaja worthy tent came into view--utterly spectacular, regal in fact, with bands of pink and golden stars it felt like we stumbled into a stunning mirage.
The tent was imported from India, completely custom made to Chesie's specifications, in a happy pink with whimsical gold tassels and lush embroidery.
Large enough for a sleek sectional and luncheon table, the tent is perfect for summer entertaining.
Her table was gorgeous--hot pink with touches of orange. The gold chargers and turquoise Foo dogs elevate the table to summer spectacular!
Needless to say, it was a fun and very memorable lunch--I wonder what she has in store for next summer?
Wishing you much happiness this Labor Day!
  

3 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Hi Barbara..how nice to see you here!! How was your summer? I hope it went well, what a fun post! I love the tent and knowing it came all the way from India makes it all the more beautiful and exotic. Love the beautiful lunch set up too....fabulous!
Thank you for sharing.......

Thehouseofhampton said...

I would have loved to have been invited. This post makes me feel as if I had a little party. Very festive. What a great friend to have as it looks like she hosts some visually festive parties!
Sharon

designchic said...

I loved seeing you in my inbox! I'm a little late, but catching up on things. What a beautiful party - adore the tent!!