Tuesday, August 18, 2009

BEAT THE HEAT-VODKA LEMONADE FIZZ


Timing is everything--unfortunately I picked the hottest week this summer to spend in the city. Trying to catch up on work, pay bills and sort through mail without the distraction of beautiful beaches and fun dinners out, I'm in the city for the week. I took a short walk outside today, a balmy 93 degrees with no hint of wind. My throat parched, I tried my daughters pink lemonade. Cloying sweet and icy cold, I finished it in a few greedy gulps. I bought her another one and decided to try to find a grown up version. Refreshing and a bit spicy, this Epicurious recipe is the perfect cocktail for a hot summer night.

Vodka Lemonade Fizz

one cup sugar
one cup lemon juice
2 rosemary sprigs
1/2 cup vodka
seltzer or club soda

Combine sugar, lemon juice and rosemary in a saucepan and simmer over heat for 2 minutes. Cool completely. Discard rosemary sprigs. Fill 8 (8 ounce) glasses with ice. Distribute 2 tablespoons of simple syrup and 1 tablespoon of vodka to each glass. Top off with seltzer.

No comments: