Monday, August 24, 2009

COOKING WITH JULIA




I haven't seen the new movie Julie & Julia yet but the renewed interest in Julia Child and her vast collection of cookbooks is making me yearn for butter, bacon, salt and more butter! Expected to top the New York Times best-seller list nearly 48 years after it was first published, Child's book "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" is filled with old-school recipes like beef bourguignon and lobster thermadore-dishes literally not for the faint of heart! My mother had a collection of her cookbooks in the 70's and I fondly recall the delicious aroma of roasted rack of lamb and potatoes au gratin coming from the kitchen. I ran out and bought the book yesterday --its definitely a must have for anyone who likes to cook. Cast your cooking thin cookbooks aside and try a few of Julia's recipes-you'll be glad you did.

No comments: